Kids session is on Sunday mornings, so they can meet up and climb together (under supervision of their parent/guardian) from 10am to 1pm
As we are a club and not a commercial climbing wall there is no formal training or supervision and kids need to be supervised by their parent/guardian at all times to ensure their own safety. Other members should give way to kids during this time. Parents should ensure that their kids do not walk under adult climbers or use any of the gym equipment
As climbing is potentially a dangerous activity you must heed all warnings or instructions given by any member of the Coop.
We are keen to promote youth climbing but also need to make sure that everyone is climbing safely.
Here is a set of rules that apply for minors climbing at the Galway Climbing Coop:
- kids are defined as aged under 18 years
- kids of adult/student members of the Galway Climbing Coop do not pay membership fees
- kids need to be supervised by their parent/guardian at all times to ensure their own safety
- kids can climb on weekdays before 7pm
- kids can climb any time at the weekend
- kids of non-members will have a maximum of 3 visits, after which the child or their parent/guardian must become a member
- the child (or both, parent and child, if the parent wishes to climb) need to be registered with Mountaineering Ireland